Words from teachers at St:ilian and Bäckby-skolan, where we had a week-long workshop about health.
– Completely fantastic leaders who know how to work with youth.
– I also noticed that Awake project as a working team functioned super-well amongst themselves.
– The planning was very well thought through and was therefore easy for teachers to follow and for students to execute. All leaders started out with small steps and proceeded to increase the tempo and levels and by this created something the whole group were able to participate in.
– The leaders succeeded in promoting the students both as individuals, when they were recorded on film and were asked to talk about their own relation to health, and as group members when the whole show was put together and everyone participated and contributed with what their group had trained and prepared.
– There was an international atmosphere around the whole project and the students were captured by the backgrounds of the leaders.
– The Audience, that mostly consisted of fellow students and staff from the schools, showed an enormous appreciation the days after.
The Students have achieved many goals:
– The leaders have been speaking English and that has strengthened the students language abilities.
– The students have achieved a stronger sense of self and a better self confidence. I have seen how many have grown and increased their self esteem.
– They have learnt to co operate with students from St:Ilian.
– Those students who are part of the school newspaper have observed the project and written about it at www.idasidan.se
– Many rhythmical and musical goals
The energy and joy of the leaders was spread and I have never seen so many truthful smiles from the students simultaneously as I saw during the Awake Youth Project week.
Review from our workshops at the RUM Festival, an event where young swedish musicians meet to play for each other.